Like organic food, there are some friendships that are 100% real. There are no artificial colourings or pretenses, no processed conversations and you can count on it being good for your soul. So there was no better way to spend an afternoon than catching up with one of my favourite people over a homecooked meal. 🙂
You will need
(This makes 4 skinny 9-inch pizzas or 2 thick crusts)
- 11/3 cups of warm water (make sure your water is not too hot or it will kill the yeast)
- 2 tablespoons of organic extra virgin olive oil
- 41/2 teaspoons of dry active yeast
- 1 teaspoon of organic sugar
- 4 cups organic flour
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- Organic toppings of your choice (most NTUC Finest or Extra supermarkets have a good range including organic cheese)
In a small bowl mix together warm water, oil, yeast and sugar. Let it sit until it foams (about 5-10 minutes)
In a larger bowl mix flour and salt and stir in the yeast mixture
Knead to make a soft dough that is slightly sticky. Shape into a ball and keep covered in an oiled bowl. Let it sit somewhere warm for about 1 hour.
Then place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead until you get a dough of an elastic consistency. Divide into 2 balls for thick crusts or 4 balls for thin crusts. Let the dough rest for about ten minutes and shape them into the size you want. You can just keep the leftovers in covered oiled bowls in the fridge.
Pop the dough into oven (220 degrees C) for about 8 minutes then cover with tomato sauce and toppings and pop back into the oven for another 5 minutes.