Here's our pot of curry to support today's National Cook Curry Day. To label this as xenophobia is ridiculous and the fact that it happened seven years ago is besides the point. The entire episode was a lesson in tolerance for all Singaporeans, new citizens and foreigners. The smell of curry wafting through hundreds, if not, thousands of kitchens today is a reminder that in we live in a small, multi-cultural island, and we really need to learn to respect one another.
. Chicken curry using the Prima Taste premix aptly called "Singapore Curry" .
I also made Gado-Gado as a side dish. The sauce was made with peanut butter and tasted exactly like the real thing! This is so going into my stash of easy recipes for dinner!
Easy Gado-Gado sauce
You will need:
– Peanut butter (I used Skippy's chunky peanut butter)
– 50 ml of coconut milk (I just used a bit of what came with the Prima premix that was meant for the curry)
– Half a tablespoon of minced garlic
– 1 tablespoon of sliced shallots
– 1 tablespoon of chilli paste (I used bottled sambal chilli paste)
– Dark soya sauce to taste
Fry chilli paste, garlic and shallots until fragrant (about 1 minute). Add peanut butter and coconut milk and keep stirring until you get a consistency that you like. If it gets too thick or too dry, you can add a little water. Add dark soya sauce to taste – stir for about another minute. Top sauce over your selection of vegetables and prawn crackers.